We know mornings can be busy. Get ahead of the grind by having a delicious and healthy breakfast! These mouth-watering Zucchini & Mozzarella Egg Muffins can be prepared ahead of time and are ready to serve in a matter of minutes.
The process is simple: pour the whisked eggs into a muffin tin, prep and scoop the filling, then bake for 20 minutes. It couldn’t be easier!
You can store these Zucchini & Mozzarella Egg Muffins in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or the freezer for 30 days.
The eggs and mozzarella both offer protein. Mozzarella is considered one of the healthiest cheeses due to it being low in fat and calories, while also offering probiotics, essential vitamins and minerals, amino acids, and more!
Save this post to reference when you’re looking for a quick and healthy breakfast solution!
Zucchini & Mozzarella Egg Muffins
- 1 ½ c zucchini
- 1/3 c vegan mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ c liquid egg whites
- 1 ½ c Greek yogurt plain
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ c strawberries
- Finely chop the zucchini and shredded mozzarella and toss into a mixing bowl along with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites with a sprinkle of sale and pepper.
- Place paper or silicone muffin cups in a muffin tin, then pour in the whisked eggs, dividing evenly among the muffin cups.
- Spoon in the vegetable and cheese mixture into each cup with the eggs.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes, until the egg mixture rises and is cooked through.
- Serve with the yogurt and sliced strawberries and bananas to round out your breakfast.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 43 grams
- Carbohydrates – 46 grams
- Fat – 16 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (35% protein, 36% carbs and 29% fat)