No time to get outside for lunch? Create your own French-inspired sidewalk bistro meal with this classic Tuna Niçoise Salad!
Begin by boiling potatoes and green beans in a pot of salted water until tender and then shock in cool water to stop the cooking process. While the potatoes and green beans are boiling, drain and rinse the albacore tuna chunks and make the dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
When you’re ready to eat, begin building your salad with a base of arugula, a layer of albacore tuna chunks, potatoes, and green beans. Top with chopped hard-boiled eggs, olives, and a drizzle of the lemon vinaigrette dressing.
Serve with a slice of warm pita and transport yourself to a sidewalk bistro in Paris, if only for a few minutes, with this sophisticated Tuna Niçoise Salad.
Tuna Niçoise Salad
- 1 ½ c albacore tuna in water (drained)
- ½ c cherry tomatoes
- 1 c green beans
- 1 c Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 c arugula
- ¼ c chopped hardboiled egg
- 1 lemon
- 1 oz mixed olives
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prep and chop the vegetables and drain the tuna. Bring a pot of water to a boil, sprinkle in some salt and boil the potatoes and green beans, until slightly tender. Drain and rinse in water to cool the potatoes and green beans.
- Make the dressing by squeezing a whole lemon in a bowl and whisk in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper until you get a smooth dressing.
- Plate the salad on a base of arugula, top the with the tuna, green beans, potatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Chop up the hardboiled egg and sprinkle over the salad with the olives and a drizzle of the dressing. Serve with warm pita.
- Calories – 513 Calories
- Protein – 46 grams
- Carbohydrates – 53 grams
- Fat – 15 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (35% protein, 40% carbs and 25% fat)