If you like savory with a touch of sweet, try these Pork Chops with Rosemary Balsamic Glaze.
Start by dicing up the potatoes and bringing them to a boil with a good sprinkle of salt. When the potatoes are done, drain and mash up with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, reserving some of the hot water to give the mash a smooth consistency.
Toss the green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until tender. Next up are the pork chops. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper and grill in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil for about 4 minutes per side, or until your desired temperature is reached.
Take the pork chops out of the pan and finish by adding the balsamic vinegar and rosemary to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until it has reduced down to a glaze. Plate the pork chops over the mashed potatoes, layer on the roasted green beans and drizzle over the rosemary balsamic glaze.
Enjoy this healthy and sophisticated take on a steakhouse dinner!
Pork Chops with Rosemary Balsamic Glaze
- 12 oz pork chops
- 2 c green beans
- 3 c Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, line a sheet pan with parchment paper, prep the ingredients, and peel/dice the potatoes and place in a pot of cold water.
- Toss the green beans with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, arrange on the sheet pan, and roast for 15 minutes until tender.
- Next, bring the potatoes to a boil with a good pinch of salt for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. When the potatoes are done, reserve some of the liquid then drain the potatoes and return to the pot, cover, and keep warm.
- After a few minutes, mash up the potatoes with a masher or fork, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper and some of the reserved liquid, as needed, to get a smooth mashed potato consistency.
- While the green beans and potatoes are cooking, season the pork chops with the garlic powder, thyme, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and pan cook with a drizzle of olive oil for 4 minutes per side, or until your desired temperature is reached. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and rosemary to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until it has reduced down to a glaze.
- When ready to eat, plate the pork chops with the mashed potatoes and green beans and drizzle over the balsamic glaze.
- Calories – 522 Calories
- Protein – 40 grams
- Carbohydrates – 53 grams
- Fat – 17 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (31% protein, 40% carbs and 29% fat)