If you want to cut your kitchen cleanup time in half, let us introduce you to this One-Pot Chicken Dinner!
Start by heating a pot up with a drizzle of olive oil and cook the chicken for about 20 minutes until it has a nice sear. When the chicken is done, set it aside and sauté the onion, red bell pepper and sweet potato with garlic and dried rosemary.
When the vegetables are tender, deglaze the pot with apple cider vinegar and slowly wilt the kale.
When you’re ready to eat, plate the chicken and vegetables and enjoy! And when you’re done, there’s no need to stress about cleaning multiple pots and pans with this simple, efficient, and delicious one-pot chicken dinner.
One-Pot Chicken Dinner
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 1 c yellow onion
- 1 c red bell pepper
- 2 ½ c sweet potatoes
- 2 ½ c kale
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a large pan or skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil for 20 – 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Then take the chicken out of the pan, cover it to keep warm and set aside.
- Prep and chop the vegetables.
- After the chicken is done, sauté the onion, red bell pepper and the sweet potatoes in the pan over medium heat with the garlic, dried rosemary and a sprinkle of salt and pepper for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Deglaze the pan with the apple cider vinegar, then turn the heat down to low and toss in the kale and sauté for a minute, letting the kale wilt slightly.
- When ready plate the chicken and vegetables and enjoy the ease of a one-pot meal.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 44 grams
- Carbohydrates – 50 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (36% protein, 40% carbs and 24% fat)