Looking for a meatless Monday solution, or any day of the week for that matter? Let this bowl of Miso Infused Tofu & Soba Noodles warm you up with its luxurious miso broth and silky soba noodles!
Start by sauteing the tofu in a soup pot or Dutch oven with a base of onions until it’s golden brown. Deglaze the pot with the vegetable broth, miso, soy sauce and rice vinegar, bring to a boil and stew the mushrooms for 15 minutes, letting the earthly flavors soak into the broth.
At the end, fold in the bright edamame, fresh kale, and scallions. Serve in bowls with a bed of soba noodles, ladle on the warm miso broth and top with the seared tofu.
Bowls are a great way to build your meals while balancing proteins, carbs, and healthy fats. You can store the pieces of this meal separately in the refrigerator and build your next Miso Infused Tofu bowl when you’re ready to eat.
Miso Infused Tofu & Soba Noodles
- 8 oz extra firm tofu
- 4 oz soba noodles dry
- ½ c yellow onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 ½ tbsp red miso paste
- 1 ½ c mushrooms
- 1 c edamame
- ½ c scallions
- 2 c kale
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Drain and press the water out of the tofu and cut into 2-inch squares. Prep and chop the vegetables.
- Cook the soba noodles in a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes until tender, then drain and shock with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper for 3 minutes. Next, add the tofu slices and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the tofu begins to brown, then remove the tofu from the pot.
- Add the broth to deglaze the pot, along with the soy sauce, miso, and rice vinegar. After the pot is deglazed, add in the mushrooms, and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes, then stir in the edamame, kale, and scallions and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- When you’re ready to eat, add the noodles to a bowl, ladle the soup over the top and add the sliced tofu.
- Calories – 504 Calories
- Protein – 26 grams
- Carbohydrates – 63 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (26% protein, 49% carbs and 25% fat)