We know mornings can be busy. Get ahead of the grind by having a delicious and healthy breakfast.
These mouth-watering Mexican Chipotle Egg Muffins can be prepared ahead of time and are ready to serve in a matter of minutes. The process is simple: pour the whisked eggs into a muffin tin, prep and scoop the filling, and bake for 25 minutes. It couldn’t be easier!
You can store these egg muffins in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or the freezer for 30 days. Don’t forget to use paper muffin cups for quick retrieval and even faster clean up.
Mexican Chipotle Egg Muffins
- 1 ½ links Mexican Chipotle vegetarian sausage by Field Roast
- 1 ¼ c yellow onion
- 1 ¼ c red bell pepper
- 2 ½ c baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 apples
- Take the vegan sausage out of the casing and sauté in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes, breaking the sausage down with a spatula. When brown, take the sausage out of the pan and set it aside in a separate bowl.
- Chop up the vegetables and toss into a mixing bowl along with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Crumble the cooked vegan sausage and toss into the mixing bowl along with the shredded vegan mozzarella cheese. Stir well to combine the egg muffin mixture.
- Place paper muffin cups in the muffin tin (about 12), then divide 1 whisked egg between 2 muffin cups (whisk each egg in a small cup then pour into the muffin cups).
- Spoon in the egg muffin mixture into each muffin cup, filling to the top of the cup.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, until the egg mixture rises and is cooked through. Serve with an apple to round out your breakfast.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 38 grams
- Carbohydrates – 52 grams
- Fat – 16 grams
- Nutrition Note – This meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (30% protein, 41% carbs, and 29% fat).