Struggling to get out the door in the morning with a healthy breakfast? Whip up a batch of these Matcha Overnight Oats with fresh fruit for a quick grab & go morning.
The process couldn’t be any easier! Simply mix up the rolled oats, chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and matcha green tea powder.
In a separate bowl, blend the vanilla protein powder with a little water to create a sauce. Fold the sauce into the oat mixture and store in grab & go containers in the fridge (I like to use glass jars or small bowls).
The oats will soak in the other ingredients overnight and combine into a cool and luscious breakfast. Top with fresh fruit and sliced almonds and serve with some breakfast sausage links for a well-rounded meal that will keep you satisfied until your next snack or meal!
Keep this matcha overnight oats recipe on hand for those mornings when all you have time for is grab & go.
Matcha Overnight Oats
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 ¼ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/3 c milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 44 g vanilla protein powder
- ½ c blueberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 4 breakfast sausage links
- Combine the oats, chia seeds and matcha green tea powder in a bowl then add the maple syrup and stir to combine well.
- Whisk the vanilla protein powder with a small amount of water in a separate bowl until smooth to make a protein sauce. Keep adding small amounts of water to get the desired consistency.
- Combine the protein sauce with the soaked oats and stir to combine well.
- Pour into 2 separate containers (for 2 servings) and store covered overnight in the refrigerator and for up to 2 days.
- When ready to eat top with the fresh blueberries and sliced almonds and enjoy with the chicken & maple sausage (or swap out the sausage for a vegetarian version, if preferred) to round out your breakfast.
- Calories – 510 Calories
- Protein – 40 grams
- Carbohydrates – 54 grams
- Fat – 16 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (30% protein, 41% carbs, and 29% fat)