Do you get discouraged when grilled shrimp is not an option at your favorite burrito bowl joint? Well, now you can do something about it because you’re in control of the toppings with this Lime Shrimp Bowl!
Start by marinating the shrimp in a spice blend of chili powder, salt, pepper and a splash of fresh lime juice.
Sauté the shrimp first, set aside and finish sautéing the onion, red bell pepper and garlic along with the black beans to complete the main topping.
Now it’s time to build your bowl with a base of arugula, a scoop of rice, then the vegetables and beans and finally, the chili-lime shrimp. op with pineapple, sliced avocado and a drizzle of honey and olive oil.
You can pull this Lime Shrimp Bowl together in minutes and store the components in the refrigerator for a quick meal later. There’s no need to suffer when you can have shrimp anytime you want!
Lime Shrimp Burrito Bowl
- 20 oz shrimp
- ¼ c yellow onion
- ¼ c red bell pepper
- ¾ c chopped pineapple
- 2 c arugula
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ c canned black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ c jasmine rice
- 2 lime wedges
- ¼ c avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and dry the shrimp and combine with the chili powder, squeeze of juice from half a lime, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Prep and chop the vegetables and drain and rinse the black beans. Cook the rice by bringing the rice, a 2:1 ratio of water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Turn down to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the shrimp with the marinade over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked, and set aside. Then add the onion, red bell pepper, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Next, add the black beans and sauté for another 3 minutes until the beans are heated.
- Build the bowl with a base of arugula, followed by a scoop of rice, then add the vegetables and beans and then the shrimp. Finish with the pineapple and avocado, then drizzle with the honey and a little olive oil.
- Store the components in the refrigerator and when ready heat up the shrimp, rice, vegetables, and beans and build the bowl starting with the arugula and ending with the honey and olive oil drizzle.
- Calories – 523 Calories
- Protein – 45 grams
- Carbohydrates – 57 grams
- Fat – 13 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (34% protein, 43% carbs and 23% fat)