Kick up your salad with a combination of Chinese and Thai flavors with this Kung Pao Seitan Salad with Thai Dressing.
Start by sautéing seitan, the perfect foil for the Kung Pao, with crunchy red bell pepper, garlic, and ginger. Chop some fresh and crunchy cucumbers and carrots and blend together the Thai dressing (a creamy peanut butter base combined with two types of vinegar, and a touch of sweet agave nectar).
Arrange some salad greens, top with the seitan, and drizzle over the silky dressing. Finish with some fresh green onion and crunchy peanuts.
Your weekday lunch salad just made a bold statement!
Kung Pao Seitan Salad with Thai Dressing
- 12 oz seitan
- 1 ½ c red bell pepper
- 1 ½ c cucumber
- 1 ½ c carrots
- 4 c salad greens
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ c scallions
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop up the seitan into crumbles and sauté over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, sprinkle of salt and pepper, and half of the ginger and soy sauce for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Prep the vegetables by chopping up the red bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot and arranging the salad greens in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the other half of the ginger and soy sauce with the agave, vinegar, and creamy peanut butter. Whisk the dressing while drizzling in some olive oil to bring the dressing together.
- Layer the salad with a base of the greens, then the vegetables, and top with the seitan. Drizzle over the dressing and top with green onions, peanuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Calories – 530 Calories
- Protein – 40 grams
- Carbohydrates – 64 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (30% protein, 47% carbs, and 23% fat)