We’re creating healthier versions of our favorite to-go orders like this savory-with-a-touch of sweet Hoisin Honey Chicken Bowl.
Start by tossing the green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until tender. Next, slice up the chicken into cubes and sauté with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil until the chicken is golden brown.
Now it’s time to make the sauce by whisking together the hoisin, honey, ginger, sriracha, and a small amount of water if needed.
Finally, pour the sauce over the chicken at the end to pull this fabulous Hoisin Honey Chicken Bowl together. Serve in bowls with a scoop of rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds over the Hoisin Honey Chicken and roasted green bean.
Take-out style dinner is served in a matter of minutes!
Hoisin Honey Chicken Bowl
- 12 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1 c green beans
- ¼ c hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 c jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp scallions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, line a sheet pan with parchment paper, dice the chicken into cubes, and trim the green beans.
- Cook the rice by bringing the rice, a 2:1 ratio of water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Turn down to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Toss the green beans in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until tender.
- Sauté the chicken with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper for 8 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by combining the hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, sriracha, and a small amount of water, if needed to thin out the sauce. Add the sauce to the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes to combine.
- When you’re ready to eat, serve in bowls with a scoop of rice and then layer on the chicken sauce, and green beans. Top with the scallions and sesame seeds.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 44 grams
- Carbohydrates – 50 grams
- Fat – 13 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (36% protein, 41% carbs and 23% fat)