If you sometimes think about having dessert for breakfast, then go ahead and treat yourself to this Carrot Cake Oatmeal!
Don’t worry, it’s easy to whip up and you don’t even have to bake. Just grab a pot and combine the oats, milk, water, spices, and shredded carrots, bring to a simmer, and in a matter of minutes, the oatmeal is ready.
You can also boost the protein by blending protein powder with a little water into a sauce. Once the oatmeal is done, stir everything together and breakfast is served.
You can have your cake and eat it too with this Carrot Cake Oatmeal!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1 ¼ c rolled oats
- ¾ c oat milk
- 1 2/3 c water
- ¾ c shredded carrots
- 1 ½ tsp flaxseeds
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ scoops protein powder vanilla
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Combine the oat milk and water in a pot with the rolled oats, carrots, cinnamon, ground flax seeds and a pinch of salt and bring a slight boil.
- Being careful not to over boil the oats, lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until the oats are tender.
- Whisk the vanilla protein powder with a few spoonfuls of water in a separate bowl until smooth to make a protein sauce.
- When the oatmeal is done, let it cool for 5 minutes, then fold in the protein sauce.
- Top with the walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Calories – 517 Calories
- Protein – 35 grams
- Carbohydrates – 64 grams
- Fat – 15 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (26% protein, 48% carbs and 26% fat)