Looking for ways to elevate your weekday lunch routine? We’re combining the flavors of the classic BLT sandwich and taking it up a notch with this BLT Chicken Salad.
Begin by prepping the veggies, seasoning the chicken, and preparing the dressing by whisking together the Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and a drizzle of olive oil. Next, sear the chicken in a hot pan for about 5 minutes per side, then slice up. Lastly, crisp up the bacon in the same pan and chop it up into small bits.
Now assemble the salad with a base of the greens and layer on the red onion, cherry tomatoes, corn, and grapes. Top with the sliced chicken, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle on the chopped bacon.
Serve with a slice of multigrain bread and dive into this veg-forward take on a classic. You can prep this BLT Chicken Salad ahead and store the components separately in the refrigerator until you’re ready to prepare the salad.
BLT Chicken Salad
- 10 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 4 c bibb lettuce
- ½ c red onion
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- ½ c frozen corn
- 1 c red grapes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- Prep and chop the vegetables, slice the grapes and cherry tomatoes in half, and microwave the corn for a few seconds to defrost and soften.
- Season the chicken with the garlic powder and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the turkey bacon until crispy, about 3 – 5 minutes, then set aside.
- While the chicken and turkey bacon are cooking, assemble the salad with the greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes, corn, and red grapes. Make the dressing in a small bowl by combining the Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and a drizzle of olive oil. If needed, add small amounts of apple cider vinegar to get the desired consistency for the dressing.
- When you’re ready to eat, slice the chicken into strips, crumble the turkey bacon, and top on the tossed salad. Finish by drizzling the dressing on top.
- Calories – 519 Calories
- Protein – 43 grams
- Carbohydrates – 52 grams
- Fat – 15 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (33% protein, 40% carbs and 27% fat)