Looking to break out of a boring breakfast routine? Start your day off with these unique and filling Black Bean Breakfast Tacos!
Start by browning up some ground chicken breast in a pan and then sauté with red bell peppers and onions.
While the vegetables are still al dente, add in the black beans and simmer for a few minutes. Add the whisked eggs into the pan at the end and scramble up.
When you’re ready to eat, assemble your tacos and top with fresh tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and enjoy the textures and flavors of these bite-sized breakfast treasures!
Black Bean Breakfast Tacos
- 6 oz ground chicken breast
- ¾ c red bell pepper
- ½ c scallions
- ½ c black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- 10 corn tortillas
- ¾ c cherry tomatoes
- ¾ c cilantro
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- Sauté the ground chicken in a pan over medium heat with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutesuntil browned up and set aside.
- Dice the red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and green onion, separating the white bulbs from the green stems, and separate the cilantro leaves from the stems. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Sauté the red bell pepper and the white bulbs from the green onion in the pan over medium low heat for 3 minutes. Add the black beans and cooked ground chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and pour evenly into the pan with the chicken, bean and vegetable mixture then sprinkle the rest of the green onion stems over the pan. Let the eggs cook to the desired temperature and scramble once in the pan.
- Warm the corn tortillas and assemble the tacos with the egg mixture and top with the cherry tomatoes and cilantro. Store the left-over egg mixture and toppings in the refrigerator to assemble a fresh taco when ready.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 39 grams
- Carbohydrates – 47 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (33% protein, 40% carbs and 27% fat)