Looking for a quick prep-ahead breakfast that is both healthy and satisfying? Look no further than this Baked Veggie Omelet, made all in one pan!
Chop and prep the veggies and defrost the hashbrowns in the microwave for a minute to knock off the chill. Then whisk them together with the whole eggs, egg whites, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Drizzle or swipe olive oil into a baking dish, pour in the omelet mixture, bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then let it cool and slice up. Serve the baked omelet with some fresh berries to round out your breakfast.
The combination of the whole eggs and egg whites balances out the fat while boosting the protein!
Enjoy this versatile and quick breakfast during the week, or serve it for weekend brunch with friends. If you plan to prepare this Baked Veggie Omelet ahead of time, store the slices in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Yet another quick and delicious breakfast solution to add to your playlist!
Baked Veggie Omelet
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 2 ½ c frozen hash browns
- 2 c baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ c liquid egg whites
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ c strawberries
- 1 ½ c blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, prep and chop the vegetables, and defrost the hashbrowns in the microwave for a minute to knock off the chill.
- Spray or swipe olive oil into a baking dish then crack the eggs and pour the egg whites into the baking dish and whisk together.
- Mix in the hashbrowns, spinach, tomato, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the eggs are firm and serve with fresh sliced strawberries and blackberries.
- Calories – 500 Calories
- Protein – 36 grams
- Carbohydrates – 51 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Nutrition Note – this meal was specifically designed and developed to promote a healthy weight with balanced macronutrients (30% protein, 44% carbs and 26% fat)